Begin a meaningful career right here
Legal Counsel (Japan Market)
You are an expert attorney who will be joining the Global Business Unit team within its Legal organization. The preferred location for this role will be at P&G’s Asia-Pacific Headquarters in Singapore.
You will have direct, front-line responsibility for advising and counselling several of P&G’s multi-billion-dollar business units on legal strategy and compliance with various commercial, advertising, digital and privacy laws in Japan.
You will report to the Director & Associate General Counsel for Asia and work closely with a team of legal counsels globally to advance and protect P&G's business.
The opportunity exists for the selected attorney to rotate to one or more of a wide variety of other roles within P&G’s Global Legal Organization, both inside and outside of Singapore, throughout the course of a successful career.
What success looks like
- A strategic legal partner to the business solving problems creatively and resolving our business partners’ legal needs across critically meaningful, challenging and dynamic legal spaces.
- Strong demonstration of proactive leadership skills; willingness to engage in, and take the lead for, building creative strategies and solutions to legal and business problems
Responsibilities of the role
Give accurate and timely counsel to executives on a variety of commercial legal topics (advertising, competition law, compliance, etc.) for the Japan market
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer dedicated advice on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authorities, etc.), building relationships of trust
- Craft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to improve and protect the company’s full legal rights
- Making a difference to our dynamic business by handling complex matters with multiple stakeholders
- Strong communication in both Japanese and English are essential
- Possess a university degree in law; licensed attorneys welcomed
- Approximately 3-5 years of experience with a law firm, in-house, government or other legal department, preferably with some experience in advertising and/or regulatory law
- Strong forward-thinking, strategic and proactive leadership skills
- Proven track record of success in professional and personal activities
- Proven leadership ability as well as the ability to work as a member of a team, both with business clients and within the Legal organization
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: