Push the next generation of products forward
Packaging Engineer, Digital Platform, Hair Care
Are you interested in innovating and making a difference while working for a global company? As an engineer in R&D, you will be involved in all stages of the design process, from conception to presentation of the finished plans. You will constantly be learning, growing, and improving as you find new ways to innovate and develop within your area.
- Full Time
- Level: Recent Grad/Entry level
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes someone successful as an R&D team member at P&G? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
The Packaging Development (PackDev) mission is to be and be seen as the best packaging organization in the consumer world providing winning packaging at breakthrough speed. PackDev is a high-performance organization comprised of nearly 600 R&D people around the globe who work to develop packaging of superior value that delights consumers and builds brand equity from the first moment of truth to the last.
You will play a key role in the newly formed Hair Care Packaging Digital Platform (DigIPAc) team. The team is responsible for Technical Design and Modeling & Simulation resources with added focus areas in artificial intelligence, big data analysis and machine learning.
You will help bring-to-life the vision and development of easy-to-use digital tools that will enable Practitioners to make the Hair Care Packaging ecosystem faster & better at delivering irresistible superior packaging to our consumers.
· Understand the packaging work process and key tension points of project teams that will enable identification of opportunity areas where digital tools could have the most impact on the Hair Care Business and work processes.
· Collaborate with other business category teams to understand the digital tools that are being developed or utilized in their areas.Leverage internal experts and external resources to develop and refine existing tools in key opportunity areas.
· Deploy tools and train practitioners to grow organizational capability. Be an expert resource todirect project teams and practitioners utilizing the suite of DigIPAc tools.
· Manage the maintenance and upgrades to the tool suite.
- Candidates with at least a Masters’ degree in Mechanical, Materials Sciences, Chemical or Electronics Engineering or a related field.
- 0 - 5 years relevant experience
- Basic knowledge in packaging technologies such as injection molding, blow molding, prototyping techniques, assembly methods, modeling & simulation.Complete mastery of these subjects is not required but enough knowledge to know how they impact package design
- Familiar with digital tools such as CAD, M&S, Statistics, Mixed Reality, Programming, Machine Learning, AI, etc.
- Business analyst mindset - Demonstrated skills to successfully link business needs or opportunities with what’spossible in technology
- Able to work independently but also collaborate with other functions influencing package technical design.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to connect with people from different cultures and levels, both internally and externally
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Job Id: RND00004122
Paid Time Off
Health and Wellness Programs
Stock Purchase Program
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR:
- Associate Scientist/ Scientist, Regulatory & Saferty, Oral Care (Masters / PhD Degree) Singapore, Singapore
- Laboratory Informatics Scientist-BS/MS Cincinnati, Ohio
- Laboratory Informatics Scientist-PhD Cincinnati, Ohio
- Associate Scientist, Artwork Regulatory Compliance & Project Management (Masters Degree) Singapore, Singapore