Begin a meaningful career right here
Spot and exploit emerging trends and technologies
Uncover business-building ideas and cost-saving opportunities
Strike deals through negotiation or lead competitive bidding
Build effective working relationships with suppliers, and
Create and capitalize on new methodologies such as e-marketplaces.
Participating as a critical member of a cross-functional team in one of our Global Business Units or Spend Pool organizations to deliver a new product or technology to market, and creating sourcing strategies to improve the value, availability and technology of raw and pack materials that support our existing and future product lines;
Evaluating our current approaches and proposing improvements to help our Global Business Services organizations deliver improved customer service and value to P&G employees around the world;
Partnering with Brand and Sales resources in our Sales & Marketing Organizations to improve our efficiency and effectiveness at reaching P&G customers and consumers with the products and messages that enable us to win on the store shelf;
Working hand in hand with Engineering to source equipments and build new sites, to support P&G’s productivity improvements and business expansion. Partnering with Physical Distribution to manage the Transportation & Warehousing of our products with a cost effective and agile supply network,
Driving P&G’s sustainability program by sourcing renewable energy and driving energy conservation; continuously improving P&G’s environmental footprint by finding a second life for our finished products remnants and developing alternate use for our production waste
Working with internal P&G partners and with the management of supplier companies to develop and execute commercial and technical agreements that will best meet our business needs, identify and interpret new and emerging requirements that will affect future sourcing strategies, drive cost savings projects to support our annual profit targets, and encourage supplier resourcing of P&G initiatives and projects.
We do all this and more since we strategically source at all ends of the consumer product supply chain. The demand for Purchases expertise has never been higher, and the excitement and opportunities at Procter & Gamble are boundless! We are looking for people with the intellectual capacity, creative intelligence and strategic insight to join our team.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
To qualify for this role, you must possess the following qualities:
- Strong academic credentials - Technical or Management Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering, Operations, Materials, Systems, , Applied Mathematics/Statistics, or Information Technology/Computer Science are preferred.
- At least 0-4 year of relevant work experience
- Demonstration of analytical and problem solving skills, interpersonal and team skills, and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities and ability to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Strong interest in the commercial and customer aspects of business.
- Proficiency in Japanese language as the role requires managing suppliers in Japan Market
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: