Research & Development - Associate Researcher - Packaging Discipline
We are looking for an Associate Researcher with experience in Rapid Prototyping of Fast Moving Consumer Goods [FMCG] Packages & running and maintaining packaging equipment in a lab environment.
- Ability to learn and understand pack - design concepts to plan and fabricate rapid prototypes with available infrastructure [Prototyping Center] and networked resources within P&G
- Responsible for securing raw materials for rapid prototyping and keeping maintenance of machines in Prototyping Center to promptly use them to execute planned fabrication.
- Ability to learn and understand key packaging test equipment to plan and execute trials in available infrastructure [MSUC – multi-scale understanding center] with project teams and networked resources within P&G
- Responsible for maintenance of machines in MSUC.
- Planning and executing trials in MSUC supported through change parts fabricated in prototyping center
- Keeping records of total no. of trials on different machines/equipments
- Keeping records of total no. of rapid prototyping projects delivered
- Be a pro-active contributor in packaging discipline meetings to provide insights/observations based on data-gathered during test/experiments.
- Identify, suggest and recommend interventions to simplify and/or improve efficiency of current work procedures by applying best practices from external industry and/or other P&G R&D centers. (e.g. additional software/hardware tools that simplify work for fast turn-around or improve quality)
The individual will also be responsible for reporting the status, results and conclusions to colleagues, his development team, and to the supervisor. He/she has to care proactively for appropriate business contacts to all involved departments in his/her projects. Must deliver agreed contributions to development projects with given timing and ensure that provided results are free of patent or other legal infringements.
- Diploma/Degree in Mechanical/Production/Design Automation or a related field
- 2 - 3 years' related experience
- To develop outstanding packaging solutions for P&G products, a basic experience in Computer Aided Design and automation functions and drive systems is very helpful
- Strong working knowledge and skills across the full spectrum of Packaging Manufacturing Technologies and test methods
- Experience with 3D printers, CNC milling machines and allied software (tools, systems, software, instruments, etc)
- Adequate oral and written communication skills in English for common business is a must
- Able to travel for occasional business trips mainly within Asia
- Able to work independently, multi task and perform in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to use data to connect multiple ideas and develop solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to connect with people from different cultures and levels, both internally and externally
- Able to join the company by May/June 2018
Get connected to all the latest from P&G. Join our Talent Community to have all the news and events you’re interested in delivered directly to your inbox, or sign up for Job Alerts to stay on top of the latest career opportunities. To make sure you don’t miss anything, you can even do both.
SIGN UP FOR: