Research & Development - Associate Researcher - Packaging Discipline
We are looking for an Associate Researcher with experience in Rapid Prototyping of Fast Moving Consumer Goods [FMCG] Packages & running and maintaining packaging equipment in a lab environment.
- Ability to learn and understand pack - design concepts to plan and fabricate rapid prototypes with available infrastructure [Prototyping Center] and networked resources within P&G
- Responsible for securing raw materials for rapid prototyping and keeping maintenance of machines in Prototyping Center to promptly use them to execute planned fabrication.
- Ability to learn and understand key packaging test equipment to plan and execute trials in available infrastructure [MSUC – multi-scale understanding center] with project teams and networked resources within P&G
- Responsible for maintenance of machines in MSUC.
- Planning and executing trials in MSUC supported through change parts fabricated in prototyping center
- Keeping records of total no. of trials on different machines/equipments
- Keeping records of total no. of rapid prototyping projects delivered
- Be a pro-active contributor in packaging discipline meetings to provide insights/observations based on data-gathered during test/experiments.
- Identify, suggest and recommend interventions to simplify and/or improve efficiency of current work procedures by applying best practices from external industry and/or other P&G R&D centers. (e.g. additional software/hardware tools that simplify work for fast turn-around or improve quality)
The individual will also be responsible for reporting the status, results and conclusions to colleagues, his development team, and to the supervisor. He/she has to care proactively for appropriate business contacts to all involved departments in his/her projects. Must deliver agreed contributions to development projects with given timing and ensure that provided results are free of patent or other legal infringements.
- Diploma/Degree in Mechanical/Production/Design Automation or a related field
- 2 - 3 years' related experience
- To develop outstanding packaging solutions for P&G products, a basic experience in Computer Aided Design and automation functions and drive systems is very helpful
- Strong working knowledge and skills across the full spectrum of Packaging Manufacturing Technologies and test methods
- Experience with 3D printers, CNC milling machines and allied software (tools, systems, software, instruments, etc)
- Adequate oral and written communication skills in English for common business is a must
- Able to travel for occasional business trips mainly within Asia
- Able to work independently, multi task and perform in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to use data to connect multiple ideas and develop solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to connect with people from different cultures and levels, both internally and externally
- Able to join the company by May/June 2018
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: