As a Data Scientist in P&G, you will be building algorithms / Analytic IP targeted at transforming strategic decisions and operations by bringing advanced analytics and cognitive science into our core work processes. You are accountable for understanding the wicked problems in organization, crafting new algorithms & advanced predictive & statistical models to solve identified problems and partner with other IT professionals to embed the models into new systems of activity that craft measurable business value.Your tea
This role is located in Singapore and you will be part of regional Data Science team for APAC P&G. You should own the above-mentioned work to achieve business goals, including engagement with business leaders for problem identification, recommending data sources inside or outside of P&G to resolve problems, and advising junior team members on technical aspects of modeling.
What we offer you
• Continuous mentoring – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager and global peers.
• Dynamic and collaborative work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and support initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance
• State of the art career development and exposure into your areas of interest in data science
Responsibilities of the role
• Demonstrate your skills on big data platforms and analytic tools to grasp the business building insights.
• Evaluate available data sources and propose strategic acquisition or crafting of new data sources to assist ongoing problem resolution.
• Work with IT teams to support data collection, integration, and retention requirements based on the input collected with the business.
• Collaborating in multi-functional teams to evaluate business activities, and then develop innovative and effective approaches to tackle team’s analytics problems and communicate results and methodologies
• Identify and / or create appropriate algorithms to resolve the problems, design experiments to validate initial assumptions and provide scenario modelling as required.
• Lead discovery processes with business stakeholders to identify business requirements and expected outcomes.
• In charge of model and frame business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact critical business processes and decisions.
• Communicate complex data or algorithms into simple conclusions that will empower leadership to drive action based on the insights you derive.Qualifications
•Have Master’s Degree or PHD level qualifications. Preferred (but not a requirement) disciplines include; Operations Research, Economic Theory, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science;
•Have at least 5+ years of experience as Analyst, Lead Developer in BI systems, or Data Scientist with proven record of embedding advanced analytical models into business processes;
•Possess strong technical skills, comfortable with SQL, R and/or Python and having a strong understanding of mathematical background of various modeling approaches;
•Strong leadership record, exhibiting both ability to engage clients and lead a team;
•Excellent written and good communication skills to influence others to take action
•Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and possess thinking/problem-solving skills which can be applied to business processes with a "can-do" attitude
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.