Begin a meaningful career right here
Senior Packaging Engineer
Overview of the job
We are looking for a passionate and talented individual with technical mastery on developing superior packaging for FMCG products!
You will lead overall packaging design and oversee the quality delivery of the new products to market. It entails end-to-end idea inception to in-market launch.
Familiarity with different types of packaging materials, suppliers and packing processes and especially those used in FMCG industry or F&B industry or Personal hygiene products is preferred.
The role will be focused on Asia and Africa regional packaging development with up to 30% travel time.
Do you believe you have what it takes to succeed in this role? Apply now!
Located at the P&G Singapore Innovation Center at Biopolis, you will be part of a start-up Personal Hygiene organization here in Singapore. You will work in multifunctional teams and collaborate with our Innovation Centres based in China, Germany and regional P&G manufacturing sites.
What Success Looks Like
A key success criteria for this role is the strong ability to collaborate across multifunctional teams across the region. In addition, you will focus on generating, analyzing technical, consumer acceptance data to make recommendations for right packaging innovations to business.
- Initiate and lead material/technology/ capability/ methods developments to deliver discontinuous packaging solutions and business building innovations
- Define, perform, and manage technical activities to create fundamental understanding that enables the success of the project. This includes continued hands-on, in-the lab experimentation, line trials, supplier management, potentially across multiple projects/ programs, categories, or businesses.
- Apply fundamental technical understanding, first principle models, and consumer understanding to build viable solutions vs. measurable targets.
- Influence, set, and re-adjust project direction via data, learning, and hands-on experience.
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Science &/or Engineering
- 5-10 years' experience in Research & Development of packaging innovations and experience in disposable personal hygiene packaging is preferred
- A proven track record of the ability to work independently, influence and coach other technologists
- Experience leading teams and leveraging problem solving skills to create business building innovations — specifically integrating insights and data to develop unobvious solutions.
- A demonstrated ability to build and link consumer, sensory and technology models to provide innovation insights is a MUST
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to connect with people from different cultures and levels, both internally and externally
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Neurobion, Sangobion, Vicks, Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: