Begin a meaningful career right here
Senior Purchasing Manager (Japanese Speaking)
Procter & Gamble's Purchasing discipline is part of the Product Supply function and has the unique responsibility for developing and executing the sourcing strategies for the Company's multi-billion dollar goods and services purchases needed to produce world-class consumer products. As a Purchasing professional, your goal is to link the most appropriate supplier capabilities with our business needs and contribute to delivering the best shareholder return.
You will be working closely with a Senior Purchasing Manager who will also be your mentor in getting you up to speed with the complexity of P&G's organisation.
How success looks like
After 1st month:
• Able to analyze markets, spot and exploit trends and technologies
• Understand the Japan market and build effective working relationships with suppliers
After 1st quarter:
• Strike deals through negotiation or lead competitive bidding in the Japan market
• Build and capitalize on new methodologies such as e-marketplaces
After 1st year:
• Have a general oversight of the markets and uncover business-building ideas and cost-saving opportunities
• Translate the needs of the business in a way that enables, inspires and invites our supply base to partner with us in providing products of superior quality and value that improves the lives of the world's consumers
Responsibilities of the role
• Strategic sourcing for External Supply Solutions in Japan for categories such as: Fabric Care, Home Care and Baby Care
• Coming up with sourcing strategy development, sourcing strategy executions including negotiation and commercial agreement, analytic skills including industry/market, supplier and macro-economy, as well as strong accountability to handle compliance.
• Lead technical collaboration with Multifunctional team including Product Supply, Operations, Research & Development and Legal/Patent/ Tax within and outside of the company.
• Leading and participating as a critical member of a cross-functional team to deliver a new product or technology to market, and crafting sourcing strategies to improve the value, availability and technology of raw and pack materials that support our existing and future product lines;
• Drive sustainability program by sourcing renewable energy and driving energy conservation; continuously improving environmental footprint by finding a second life for our finished products remnants and developing alternate use for our production waste.
• Working with internal P&G partners and with the management of supplier companies to develop and execute commercial and technical agreements that will best meet our business needs, identify and interpret new and emerging requirements that will impact future sourcing strategies, drive cost savings projects to support our annual profit targets, and encourage supplier resourcing of P&G initiatives and projects.
• Strong academic credentials in the field of Engineering, Operations, Materials, Systems, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, or Information Technology/Computer Science
• At least 5-8 years of relevant work experience in supply chain (Planning/Logistics/Warehouse distribution/Purchasing/Procurement)
• Demonstration of analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Proven strong leadership capabilities and ability to work effectively in a diverse environment
• Strong interest in the commercial and customer aspects of business.
• Deep commercial understanding and technical knowledge of purchasing skills of relevant industry and Japanese business partner relationship management skills.
• Highly proficient in Japanese language to deal with Japanese suppliers and partners
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship or any other legally protected factor.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: