Quality Assurance Microbiology Specialist
How would you like to put your expertise to work making our operations better? As a Quality Assurance Microbiologist, you will be responsible for improving the day to day business results and the development of the St. Louis Lab and Micro Programs by providing strong leadership and building capability.
You will put your microbiology degree to good use by coaching lab technicians, coordinating testing programs, and data acquisitions systems. You will also be expected to conduct regular risk assessments and develop effective correction and risk mitigation plans.
You will be responsible for:
• Lead Delivering and Improvement of Site Micro Capability
• Lead Delivering and Improvement of the Day to Day Business Results for the Site Analytical and Micro Lab
• Develop Capability for Site Analytical and Micro Lab team (10 direct reports)
There may also be times when you will need to drive investigations to help resolve any contamination incidents to minimize consumer risk, cost, and supply disruption.
At a bare minimum, you will need to have:
• A degree (BSc) in microbiology
• 2-5 years of experience in managing microbiological risks within manufacturing systems.
• Familiarity and work experience in isolating and identifying microorganisms, microbial ecology, cleaning and sanitization techniques, clean design and contamination investigations
• Demonstrated capability to assess, develop and implement micro risk management strategies within manufacturing or supply operations
• Demonstrated capability for Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) compliance and planning
• Demonstrated capability to troubleshoot issues with existing products and processes to root cause, and to identify and implement systemic fixes
• Ability to translate complex issues into a meaningful set of recommendations that can be understood by non-microbiologists.
• Strong communication, leadership and influencing skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Get connected to all the latest from P&G. Join our Talent Community to have all the news and events you’re interested in delivered directly to your inbox, or sign up for Job Alerts to stay on top of the latest career opportunities. To make sure you don’t miss anything, you can even do both.
SIGN UP FOR: