BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
SENIOR SALES EXECUTIVE (MID-LEVEL MANAGEMENT)
Are you ready to sell the world’s best-known brands to the biggest customers in the country? How would you like to build positive relationships and put your sales experience to play? At P&G, the Sales function is responsible for managing the P&G business and our relationships with Canada’s largest retailers. We are looking dynamic leaders to join our Sales Organization in Toronto full-time on a rolling basis.
When you join Sales at P&G, you hit the ground running on Day 1. Utilizing proprietary research, industry, brand understanding, and real data, you will create and present your own business plans, then execute your plan through management of a multi-million dollar budget. In addition to selling, you become a strategy consultant, working with the largest retailers on the biggest brands in Canada. https://www.pgcareers.com/sales
At P&G Canada there are 3 streams in mid-level management sales which provide you with the opportunity to lead change, develop people and organizations, and solve complex problems through critical thinking. You may have 1-3 direct reports and/or interns, depending on the role. We have visibility to roles across all streams and calibrate candidate fit for available role(s) through the final interview process. You may have 2-3 assignments at mid-level management across the 3 streams, to develop sales mastery as we assess your impact and future Director-level role.
STREAM 1: SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
- Own a strategic partnership with a Canadian retailer, developing joint business plans to drive growth
- Manage and improve the distribution, pricing, shelving, and merchandising at the retailer
- Leverage analytical tools and integrate dynamic data systems to develop new retailer insights
- Execute selling opportunities that will accelerate retailer growth
STREAM 2: SENIOR CATEGORY DEVELOPMENT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
- Vendor advisor role to serve as a trusted advisor to key customers for product assortment, placement, pricing and category strategies
- Leverage analytical tools and integrate dynamic data systems to develop new category insights
- Analyze and communicate planogram changes, while working towards best-in-class shelving principles
- Execute selling opportunities that will accelerate category growth, support ad-hoc data analysis requests, and monitor competitive activity
STREAM 3: SENIOR CATEGORY ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
- Market strategy role to develop national market strategies aligned with the overall brand strategy and deploy to the Sales Organization for execution
- Leverage analytical tools and integrate dynamic data systems to develop new category/brand insights
- Leverage consumer insights and partner with key customers to develop winning joint business strategies and plans
- Partner with North American Business Unit(s) to launch breakthrough innovation in Canada
You will need to be highly motivated, and very comfortable drawing insights from data. You should have the capability to lead change, develop people and organizations, and solve complex problems by thinking critically. While we invest heavily in improving these skills in you, it helps to show that you already have these skills from prior experience.
What’s In It for YOU?
- A comprehensive Corporate and Functional onboarding to accelerate your training and development
- Continuously providing formal and informal training opportunities + coaching & mentorship from your direct manager and others
- Our talent structure is designed to grow from within. We are a skills-based organization with a global reach that will enable you to have unique experiences to build and accelerate both the business and your career.
- Integration into our New Hire Network for connections with peers, support and mentorship from Day 1
- Opportunity to join Citizenship Networks that support Diversity, Equality & Inclusion (e.g. Black, Indigenous, Asian, Francophone Affinity Groups and People with Disabilities), Gender Equality (e.g. LGBTQ+ & Women) and Sustainability.
- Providing honest and constructive feedback on your performance, highlighting opportunities for improvement and growth
Sneak Peek Into Our Benefits & Perks! You will receive:
- A Company Car!
- Access to P&G’s best in class flexible work arrangements, including our new hybrid work approach, the ability to temporarily work domestically or abroad, and much more (+ our Work-from-Home Equipment Allowance to support our hybrid approach)
- Domestic Relocation Benefits to support your home finding trip and moving of personal belongings (>60km from the work location where applicable)
- Robust Total Rewards Program including flexible benefits, competitive compensation, pension plan after 1 year of service, stock options, vacation allotment, and mobile phone support where applicable.
- Employee Education Plan and P&G Personal Development
- Comprehensive Parental and Adoption Leave, with supplemental top-up pay benefit
- Access to employee wellness programs including Employee & Family Assistance Program, employee support system, and psychology benefits (e.g. Power of Minds Mental Health & Wellness Network, P&G Intramural Teams)
- Access to our on-site massage therapy services as well as subsidized gym, fitness, and relaxation classes with virtual options
- P&G WorkPerks Program with discounts and deals
- Bachelors or Master’s degree
- 3-6 years of relevant sales or customer business development experience in CPG Industry
- Located in Toronto or willing to relocate (relocation benefits are available)
- Experience in managing customer and/or vendor relationships
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint is required
- Strong proficiency in Nielsen Market Track, JDA and/or Power BI is an asset
You would be a great fit if you have:
- Strategic customer relationship building skills and you would thrive selling our products to national retailers
- Trade fund management experience, and you're comfortable using data to drive the best promotion decisions
- Love to analyze data to identify new insights and business opportunities for us and the customer
- Joint business planning experience and you can quickly uncover customer needs to deliver winning pitches
- People management experience and know how to elevate your team's performance
How to Apply:
Please complete both your application AND assessments as soon as possible, as we’re evaluating candidates on a rolling basis. We encourage you to review the information here for details on what to expect.
Assessment Overview: If your skills match our requirements, you will be asked to complete the Sales Virtual Job Preview Assessment. Please review the VJP Overview HERE. Assessment scores are valid for 12 months; to apply previous scores please click on the assessment link.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Underrepresented candidates including, but not limited to, People with disabilities, female and/or Black, Indigenous, Asian, Latin American, or two or more races are strongly encouraged to apply.
P&G is committed to accommodating any applicant with a disability, as required by law, during the recruitment, assessment, and selection process. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please click here to submit your request. If you require an accommodation for the assessment process: 1) submit your request, 2) complete the Peak Performance Assessment (not timed), 3) do not complete the Interactive Assessment until you have been contacted by Canada Talent Acquisition for documentation verification. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Sponsorship for work authorization is not available for this role. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are authorized to work in the location to which they apply.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: