Begin a meaningful career right here
Data Engineer – IT Manager
P&G has declared Advance Data Analytics as key strategy. At the same time P&G is maximizing usage of Cloud platform to host scalable and fully automated solutions based on clusters and serverless cloud services powered by P&G Business Data.
We are looking for Data Engineer, who will design and build scalable and automated solutions both in traditional cloud-based clusters and as serverless. The role will be crucial to increase effectiveness of our best-in-class Data Science group and jointly develop data models & fully scaled advanced analytics applications.
You will work in close partnership with data analyst to understand uses cases, data needs and outcome objective and independently to re-engineer legacy technology or manual approaches to create new automated solutions.
As a partner in our business, Data Engineers have project work and ad hoc requests that require agility and often fast paced response to business needs.
- Working on advanced analytics use cases
- Executing data modeling, data optimization and analytics solutions at scale
- Designing and developing applications that source data from various systems utilizing programming in Scala, Python, shell scripting and SQL
- Delivering analytical algorithms and applications (eg. machine learning)
- Engaging in proof of concepts and experiments together with data scientists and analysts to deliver new analytics solutions.
You should be a passionate leader and technologist who has graduated with a BS or MS in Business/Management Information Systems and/or Computer Science/Engineering, Programming/Software Development or Operations Research or Statistics or with proven track of record from programming areas.
You should have demonstrable experience in applied Big Data and cloud technologies eg:
- Big Data technologies (Hive, Impala) and NoSQL databases
- Scripting languages for manipulating data (eg., SQL Scala, Python)
- Cloud services frameworks
- Analytics, Data Modeling and Data Provisioning (acquisition from various sources, transformation and sharing)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence others
- Problem-solving attitude and handle multiple priorities (we don’t like excuses; we like solutions!)
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions and organize work
- Experience in development, integration, testing, Automation applying CICD framework and leveraging tool such a Jira, GitHub, Git Actions or Jenkins
- Agile development experience and working on agile framework
- Deep Technical knowledge and experience in cloud BI & Analytics relevant capabilities.
- Exposure to most advance Data Engineering technologies in Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
- Working Global Advance Analytics Business Cases form different are of P&G Business
- Working with best in class Business Analytics and Data Science Group.
- Expertise working in global multifunctional team
- Big Picture understanding of PG IT organization and its Services.
- Industry Certifications (ITIL, DevOps, Professional Scrum Master, Azure Developer Associate / Azure Architect / Azure DevOps, Google Professional Data Engineer)
- Responsibilities as of day 1. You will have project ownership and autonomy to deliver change and results from the beginning.
- Dynamic and encouraging work environment. At P&G our employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Continuous mentoring, working with passionate people and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring from your line manager and other colleagues. Corporate and functional training will enable you to succeed and develop from day one.
- Ability to work on global IT projects supporting different P&G regions and business units
- Competitive starting salary and benefits program (private health care, life insurance, PG stock options, saving plans, lunch subsidy)
- P&G Dynamic Living programs (sport cards, in-office fitness center)
- Regular salary increases and possible promotions - all in line with your results and performance
- Flexible work arrangements
- Mentoring programs & trainings
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor. Our people are all equally hardworking in outstanding ways, we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: