Begin a meaningful career right here
Data Hubs Platform - Site Reliability Engineer
P&G has declared a Cloud First strategy and will be moving most of our workloads to the Cloud over the next few years. At the same time Core Data Lake and Data Hubs Program led by Data & Analytics Organization (D&A) is using Cloud to transform BI and Analytics for the company, harmonizing various data types and allowing standard solutions tailored specifically for needs of specific Business Units.
Our SRE Engineer role gives opportunity to use strong technical and interpersonal skills to deliver Operational capabilities that will help to meet internal D&A applications’ business cases in a PaaS way.
On the role, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance and quality of operations of D&A applications and platform tools that support them. The work includes definition, ongoing use and grow of Logging, Monitoring and Alerting (LMA) capabilities, controlling & improving operational processes, working together with D&A DevOps teams and D&A Platform Capability Engineers to drive automation of incident and request response and prevention, leading Platform Service Reviews, taking part in Controls Self Assessments or Audit activities.
Your key work theme will be to “automate everything”, while providing secure, reliable, stable, efficient and flexible technical "bricks" to applications.
- Define, analyze and improve Platform Service Operations metrics and ITIL Service Management processes executed by various teams. Collaborate with Security Engineer improve Compliance metrics
- Recommend new or improve existing Platform Best Practices and Platform Technical Capabilities and onboarding various application teams to use them - via staying on top of Cloud industry trends, as well as standards, recommendations and tools from central P&G architecture, network, security, integration and other teams.
- Develop automation scripts (e.g. PowerShell, Azure Automation) to optimize cost, capacity and performance, drive compliance, or to understand Platform health
- Work with PG Corporate & Application teams, Cloud Service Partners and other vendors to understand, verify, improve and fix as needed shared Platform capabilities across D&A applications. This includes L3 support for major capability critical incidents (generally during work hours; for not-handed-over capabilities or most critical situations it rarely requires outside of work hours actions) and "deep" Problem Management support
- English fluency and at least a Bachelor's degree
Required strong technical skills and demonstrated experience in each of the following areas:
- PowerShell and/or Linux environment and shell (bash) scripting
- Understanding strengths and weaknesses of Azure PaaS services (experience in big / complex deployments)
- Azure related logging, Monitoring, Alerting systems (Cloud Native tools, Log Analytics & Kusto Query Language, Azure Diagnostics, Metrics, Event Logs, Application Logs), or Cloud Native LMA tools stack (like Prometheus, Thanos, Graphana, Moogsoft, Loom)
- Understanding of infrastructure and Platform components (network, servers), Hosting and related technologies (data center, cloud, computing, Windows, Linux, storage, backup, virtualization, etc.), cloud provisioning (ARM, Terraform), have a passion for these domains, and can learn technologies quickly.
- Management or leadership skills / experiences
- Ability to quickly penetrate technology areas and ask appropriate and meaningful technical questions.
- ITIL foundations knowledge; or proven IT operations background
- Experience in some infrastructure automation/configuration tool – Ansible, Chef, Puppet or similar - we know how those can help with large-scale, complex deployments.
- Stewardship experience to ensure services follow P&G policies (Security, Governance, etc.). Having a previous experience working on Information Security matters at an infrastructure platform level
- Problem-solving attitude (we don’t like excuses; we like solutions!)
- Proactive, initiative taking and not afraid to challenge the status quo (we hire smart people for a reason - together we'll be able to improve)
- Experience working with external companies
- Being a great teammate. Big projects aren’t developed by individuals – we work with others well!
- Deep Technical knowledge and experience in cloud BI & Analytics relevant capabilities.
- Exposure to most complex Cloud implementations, working with Cloud Provider product teams on future Cloud roadmap and capability improvements
- Expertise working in global multi-functional team on Cloud Platforms
- Big Picture understanding of PG IT organization and its Services.
- Industry Certifications (ITIL, DevOps, Azure Developer Associate / Azure Architect / Azure DevOps / Azure Security)
- Responsibilities as of day 1. You will have project ownership and autonomy to deliver change and results from the beginning.
- Dynamic and encouraging work environment. At P&G our employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Continuous mentoring, working with passionate people and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring from your line manager and other colleagues. Corporate and functional training will enable you to succeed and develop from day one.
- Ability to work on global IT projects supporting different P&G regions and business units
- Competitive starting salary and benefits program (private health care, life insurance, PG stock options, saving plans, lunch subsidy)
- P&G Dynamic Living programs (sport cards, in-office fitness center)
- Regular salary increases and possible promotions - all in line with your results and performance
- Flexible work arrangements
- Mentoring programs & training
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor. Our people are all equally hardworking in outstanding ways, we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: