Begin a meaningful career right here
Logistics Purchases Manager
Work schedule:Full Time
This full-time role is part of the Logistics Purchases Organization, that is responsible for our Land Transportation spend across the European region. The ideal person will have the chance to influence directly & indirectly a significant spend (Millions of dollars) within Europe and will have direct responsibility for specific markets within Europe. The role will require close collaboration with the product supply leadership, the Physical Distribution Operation teams and Purchases. You will be working in partnership with the other transportation buyers to ensure allocations providing sufficient logistics supplier capacity and improving supplier performance, with the objective of delivering availability, service and savings to meet the business needs. The work will require as well close partnership with key strategic external partners both local and regional ones. The position will be also closely connected to the innovation program, so that the successful candidate can contribute or lead P&G supply chain transformation.
We look for individuals who represent leadership behavior, who make things happen, with strong analytical thinking, who can crack a problem and find a solution, and those with strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence. We are looking for people who set priorities and follow through on dedications, who work effectively with diverse groups of people, and who demonstrate creativity, innovation, and initiative. The person should prove a business sense connected to strong external focus in their thinking, entrepreneurial spirit and discipline in their daily work.
To prepare for this experience, you will have to take with you:
• Very strong leadership, team-spirit, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Operational discipline, external focus and entrepreneurial spirit;
• Fluency in English writing and communication;
• Excellent MS Office Package skills (especially MS Excel);
• Master's or Bachelor’s degree with up to 4 years of professional experience (not mandatory).
Once you are prepared, you will face challenges like:
Employees in our Purchasing department are responsible for sourcing the Company's multi-billion-dollar requirements for goods and services needed to produce world-class consumer products.
You will collaborate with a team, typically responsible for Logistics Purchases across the region. Areas of responsibility will be transportation sourcing activities for European scope. With the support of your manager, daily training and coaching, you will manage your desk and become the commercial expert, recognizing and developing opportunities as you link P&G strategies and business needs to our base of suppliers outside the Company. You will participate in market analysis, uncovering of business-building and cost-saving opportunities, development and implementation of creative sourcing strategies, solving of supply problems, conducting of supplier inquiries and negotiations.
And we will make sure that you come to the office with a smile on your face every single day by providing and supplying you with the following:
• Working on meaningful projects under the mentorship of experienced managers;
• Great opportunities for self-development in the multicultural, dynamic environment;
• Ongoing coaching and feedback provided by your line manager and teammates;
• Training package to further master your hard as well as soft skills;
• Broad possibilities of professional and self-development in a dynamic, multifunctional and intercultural environment;
• Competitive salary and compensation package;
• Multisport card, private health care (Luxmed), insurance, lunch card;
• Attractive working environment (including co-working spaces, gym, massage room, canteen, garden).
We are the world's largest consumer goods company with operations in 80 countries, more than 80 billion US$ in revenues and with 25 Billion-Dollar Brands, such as Gillette®, Ariel®, Pantene® and OralB®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Do you wish to be one of us and dive into real business challenges with us?
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: