Begin a meaningful career right here
Business Purpose / Background
Our Demand Sensing platform is providing demand forecast for thousands of products to hundreds of plants and distribution centers, every single day. A highly automated machine learning software is one of the building blocks of our Supply Chain, repetitively ranked within Gartner Supply Chain Masters group.
We are looking for a Platform Engineer who will scale platform up (new data types, new markets, new algorithms), drive its continuous improvement and ensure stewardship.
Are you ready for the challenge?
Manage the IT platform built on top of an Oracle Exadata backend that’s orchestrated via a Linux ETL server, coupled with a set of Windows GUI/Reporting machines. Specifically:
- Ensure its operational excellence through continuously improved IT housekeeping and monitoring.
- Secure IT compliance with industry standards and internal IT Policies
- Deliver a stable Dev & Test Landscape for ongoing projects and changes.
- Drive continuous evolution to optimize cost, capacity and performance.
- Get involved in solving “wicked-problems”, root-cause analysis for major problems in the apps running on the platform.
Design, develop and support – either directly or with help of external partners – new cloud-native solutions complementing the platform and applications hosted on it.
- Strong academic and demonstrated experience:
- ETL / Batch Linux based systems – daily operations and continuous improvement (e.g. monitoring, housekeeping, alerting).
- Relational Databases – fluent in an SQL dialect (preferably Oracle) and with ability to operate in a complex but well documented data model.
- Ability to interpret and improve source code in some of the technologies in use on the platform: SQL / bash / Perl / Python / XML.
- Experience in Cloud (Azure) Infrastructure and Machine Learning is considered additional benefit.
- Good understanding of Information Security, Operational Excellence and IT stewardship: every action with the final goal in mind - no business operations disruption, no impact to operations, no efficiency impact. Commitment to lowering cost & effort in support and maintenance through automation and innovations.
- Strong ability to analyze and synthesize business problems, recognize patterns and conceptualize processes in a way that can be understood by non-IT professionals.
- Strong drive to continuously learn & explore industry trends and apply ideas on wicked problems for assessment. Ability to quickly penetrate technology areas and ask appropriate and meaningful technical questions
Additionally, we look for:
- A genuine interest in Computer Science / Machine Learning.
- Excellent communication skills (English) with both technical and non-technical colleagues from geographically distributed teams.
- Problem-solving, can-do attitude. Agile approach in delivering work results (from prototype through MVP to solution).
- Proactive, initiative taking and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Being a great teammate.
Skills to build on this Job:
- Building and supporting Machine Learning solutions operationalized at scale.
- Deep knowledge and experience in technical and Machine Learning aspects of Demand Planning.
- Being part of the next innovation in PG Supply Chain, one that’s externally recognized for its maturity and excellence.
- Expertise working in global multi-functional teams with several locations across continents
- Big Picture understanding of P&G IT and Product Supply organization and its Services.
- Industry Certifications
What we offer:
- Responsibilities as of day 1. You will have project ownership and autonomy to deliver change and results from the beginning.
- Dynamic and encouraging work environment. At P&G our employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Continuous mentoring, working with passionate people and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring from your line manager and other colleagues. Corporate and functional training will enable you to succeed and develop from day one.
- Ability to work on global IT projects supporting different P&G regions and business units
You can expect:
- Competitive starting salary and benefits program (private health care, life insurance, PG stock options, saving plans, lunch subsidy)
- P&G Dynamic Living programs (sport cards, in-office fitness center)
- Regular salary increases and possible promotions - all in line with your results and performance
- Flexible work arrangements
Good to know:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor. Our people are all equally hardworking in outstanding ways, we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: