Begin a meaningful career right here
PhD Summer Intern in Cheminformatics or Computational Toxicology
Are you passionate about solving tough challenges? How would you like to use your analytical skills to find creative solutions for consumer's everyday problems? If this sounds like fun, we would love to have you join us as a Summer Intern joining our Human Safety team.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with cheminformatics skills or programming skills with a chemistry background to help us develop our cheminformatics program.
This project will involve the following:
1. Molecular similarity comparisons using different fingerprints and different algorithms to calculate the suitability of a compound to be used as an analog for read across to fill a toxicological data gap.
2. Development of a database of biotransformations extracted from word documents outlining the metabolic pathways for different compounds.
3. Application of matched molecular pair analysis to extract analog suitability for read across from assessments of suitability based on expert judgement.
You can expect to develop the following skills while completing this internship:
- Skills in cheminformatics involving the calculation of similarity in chemical structure as well as metabolism and reactivity.
- Assessing the suitability of chemical structures for read across to fill gaps in toxicological data.
- Database development, management and data retrieval.
Requirements (skills/experience) for the role:
- PhD student
- Experience in Cheminformatics and/or Computational Chemistry, Computer Science and/or Data Science
- Experience with conducting independent and collaborative research projects.
- Comfortable with processing large data sets.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: