Push the next generation of products forward
R&D Statistician, PhD
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Are you interested in innovating and making a difference while working for a global company? As an engineer in R&D, you will be involved in all stages of the design process, from conception to presentation of the finished plans. You will constantly be learning, growing, and improving as you find new ways to innovate and develop within your area.
- Full Time
- Level: Recent Grad/Entry level
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes someone successful as an R&D team member at P&G? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
The Data and Modeling Sciences (D&MS) department is looking for R&D PhD Statisticians for four positions. You will be part of an organization with 30+ statisticians working on a diverse array of interesting problems. You will identify appropriate techniques to design and analyze research. You will have the ability to consult and collaborate closely with researchers, scientists and other statisticians to develop strategies and iterative learning plans using methodologies to integrate multiple types of data and sources. You will discover new methods in partnership with internal and external experts in the field to solve complex problems and advance capabilities.
- D&MS Statistician with an emphasis in Environmental Safety. Advanced knowledge of nonlinear models is important, background in Bayesian methods is also a plus. A focus on or exposure to safety/risk assessment methods is desired. Additional background in biotechnology and bioinformatics would be a plus. Strong analytic thought process and ability to interpret findings to clients; the person in this position is also expected to propose and help initiate ideas to advance Safety methods. Skills in design of experiments and sample size estimation, along with a mastery of various statistical methodologies such as multivariate statistics, linear and mixed-effect linear models, survival analysis, data integration and data mining.
- D&MS Statistician with an emphasis in Consumer Modeling. Exposure to Marketing Analytics, Economics, and/or Quantitative Behavioral Sciences is a plus; PhDs in other quantitative disciplines with expertise in Statistics will also be considered. Mastery of various statistical methodologies such as multivariate statistics, data mining, machine learning, psychometric methods, latent variable modeling, discrete choice and associated methods such as latent class analysis; Knowledge of Bayesian methodologies is a plus.
- D&MS Statistician with an emphasis in Biological Sciences that include Microbiology, Biotechnology, and/or Clinical. You will be expected to propose and help initiate ideas to advance Bioscience projects. Your skills should show experience in design of experiments and a mastery of various statistical methodologies such as multivariate statistics, linear and non-linear modeling, data integration and data mining tools. An advanced knowledge of Bayesian methods is a plus.
- D&MS Statistician with an emphasis in the design and analysis of Computer Experiments. Collaborate with researchers, engineers and other statisticians on efforts spanning the range from upstream design through manufacturing. Deliver leading edge statistical methods for the design and analysis of innovative processes, packages and products. Expertise on the design and analysis of computer experiments, physical experiments and combining the two (hybrid modeling). Computing skills along with a background conducive to learning new skills in the machine learning area are highly sought.
What we offer
Responsibilities as of Day 1. You will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities. Continuous mentorship – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager. Work and be part of a dynamic and supportive environment. Promote agility and work/life balance for employees, we value every individual and support initiatives, promoting. We love flexibility. You can arrange your work schedule based on your personal needs. Experience true support for work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being. Get a competitive salary and benefits' package.
What do you know about us?
We offer meaningful challenges day one and effective and constant training. Thus, we bring to bear the strengths of our employees and develop them to become phenomenal leaders. In addition, diversity is very important for us: we seek the most diverse talent so that we always know how to innovate to exceed the expectations of our 5 billion consumers in the world. Therefore, working with us is the best opportunity to do what you love, with constant challenges and to be recognized for its results. More than that, it's the ideal opportunity to help us touch and improve billions of lives in our world.
For over 175 years, we have built some of the world’s most successful brands, including Ariel®, Tide®, Pantene®, Pampers®, and Gillette®. We believe in serving the consumer and ensuring our organization, talent and brand building reflects the diversity and needs of the approximate 5 billion people around the world we serve through our brands. We value leadership as well as deep understanding and offer fulfilling career opportunities that make us an unbeatable force in our industry.
A PhD in Statistics is required.
You should have a demonstrated proficiency in analytical programming languages and tools such as SAS, R, Python, and/or JMP.
You should have a strong analytic thought process and ability to interpret findings to clients.
You should also have a strong communication skills that help you to explain complex statistical concepts to collaborators, along with written and presentation skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status,disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Job Id: RND00004232
Paid Time Off
Health and Wellness Programs
Stock Purchase Program
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR:
- CF Human Safety, GPS, Corporate Function Human Safety Toxicologist, PhD Belgium
- Scientific Information Manager, PhD Cincinnati, Ohio
- Experienced Research Technician- Research & Development Cincinnati, Ohio
- Cell & Molecular Biology Associate Scientist(BS/MS) Cincinnati, Ohio