Begin a meaningful career right here
Production Leader - Distribution Technician
Are you ready to challenge yourself and grow as a leader? Do you have a strong attention to detail? We’re looking for Production Leaders who will work with teams that are responsible for keeping production flowing, meeting performance goals and maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from P&G products.
We advance your career by demonstrating growing levels of operating, maintenance and leadership skills. We also provide you with the opportunity to expand into quality assurance, safety and hygiene, and other areas of expertise.
Meaningful work on Day 1
We do various types of work, such as packing equipment, controlling the process from a computer terminal, and performing preventive maintenance on equipment. From the beginning, you will be responsible for working, impacting and influencing business-related situations.
We offer you:
- Ownership of your work from your first day
- Maintain world-renowned production technologies in some interesting ways
- The chance to influence the production and quality of our products
- Mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
- Known for providing a safe work environment
You will own the production line(s) with contract employees. You will report to a shift supervisor, who has full shift performance responsibility. You will be accountable for your results, provide improvement ideas, and implement these ideas on your line or in your area.
We have no doubt these skills will help you on the job? Your responsibilities will include:
- Displaying manufacturing processes skills, including operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment
- Maintaining accurate records and data
- Displaying strong technical, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Operating essential material handling equipment at the site e.g., forklift, hand trucks, etc.
- Delivering on all aspects of the production line results including safety, efficiency, quality and run rate.
- Communicating clearly with all levels of the operation including your peers, management and contract employees.
We believe in order to be able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physical requirements:
- Using basic hand and power tools
- Lifting 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend
- Entering confined spaces
- Standing on concrete floors for an extended period of time.
The Dayton Procter & Gamble Warehouse operates 5-days per week. We rely on local talent and relocation is generally not paid. Technicians work any day of the week, including weekends. Work on weekends may be as overtime or as part of the Technician's normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. The hours of work are Monday-Friday rotating shift schedule (1st shift- 6:00am-3:00pm and 2nd shift 2:30pm-11:30pm) with occasional overtime and weekends.
Are you ready to join this renowned team?
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if, you:
- Are 18+ years of age or older
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Wear required safety personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, safety shoes)
- Have 5+ year’s experience in a manufacturing or leadership role
- Are able to work rotating shifts
- Are willing to work a weekly Monday-Friday rotating shift schedule (1st shift- 6:00am-3:00pm and 2nd shift 2:30pm-11:30pm) with occasional overtime and weekends.
Just so you know:
- Relocation is generally not paid
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: