BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Scientist - Ph.D.
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
Are you looking for a position that offers a rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges? P&G is looking for a Scientist - Ph.D.
Scientist - Ph.D.
We are seeking a recent Ph.D. graduate level environmental scientist to work in Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability (ESS) as part of our Global Product Stewardship (GPS) organization located at Procter & Gamble’s research and business centers in and around Cincinnati, Ohio.
ESS is a functional organization responsible for broadly supporting the environmental safety and sustainability programs for the Company. P&G has an exceptional history of leading the development of applied environmental science, environmental stewardship and sustainability. Founded in 1962 within the laundry business, the environmental organization was formalized in 1971 as the Environmental Safety Department (ESD), and the later organizations, have led development of environmental fate testing, exposure modeling, environmental effects and life cycle assessment methodologies. P&G is a founding organization and charter member of SETAC, the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, and works frequently with government, academic, and non-governmental organizations to advance environmental safety and sustainability sciences. You will be joining a product safety and sustainability organization of over 500 professionals globally. The environmental function publishes frequently with nearly 800 publications in the peer reviewed literature since its inception.
Today, the key missions of ESS are:
- Building and maintaining technical capability in key environmental expertise areas such as environmental risk assessment, fate and effects assessment;
- Guiding and supporting P&G business categories, new technologies and innovation initiatives;
- Leveraging expertise to facilitate external to P&G activities that build and protect corporate reputation and enable responsible growth and innovation.
We are looking for someone with a PhD in environmental toxicology, chemistry or engineering or closely related field (with or without post-doctoral experience) with in-depth knowledge in the assessment of environmental fate and effects of chemicals in the environment.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications.
- Experience in independent research, risk assessment, report writing and/or publication of research.
- Working knowledge in allied fields such as environmental chemistry and toxicology, fate and exposure, modeling, microbiology and analytical chemistry is beneficial.
- We are particularly interested in candidates with chemical and biological laboratory experience with particular focus on evaluating the fate and/or ecotoxicology of chemicals in the environment.
- Leadership experience in leveraging environmental science expertise for complex environmental risk assessment of chemicals in an industrial, government, and/or academic setting.
- Strong communication and partnership skills to enable seamless collaboration with customers and stakeholders inside and outside the Company.
- The successful applicant will join a team of environmental scientists focused on risk assessment of consumer and personal care product ingredients that leverage laboratory, field, and modeling capabilities.
Just So You Know:
Pay Range: $128-$140K
Compensation for roles at P&G varies depending on a wide array of non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, degree/credentials, relevant skill set, and level of relevant experience. At P&G compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Total Rewards at P&G include salary + bonus (if applicable) + benefits. Your recruiter may be able to share more about our total rewards offerings and the specific salary range for the relevant location(s) during the hiring process.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Immigration Sponsorship is not available for this role. For more information regarding who is eligible for hire at P&G along with other work authorization FAQ’s, please click HERE.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.