Begin a meaningful career right here
Would you like to harness the power of data and information technology through breakthrough analytics, business consulting, implementing new capabilities and processes with our business teams?
Business analysts at P&G drive better decision-making and transform how P&G operates by influencing the key strategic decisions of General Management and by embedding analytics into our core work processes.
As IT professionals, we are accountable for understanding the business wicked problems of the areas we work in, deliver actionable insights from mining secondary data and ensuring our projects and services add measurable business value. The work we do is creative, meaningful and business focused — we partner various leading edge data, systems and analytics company globally (including Tibco, KNIME, SAS, Tibco, Cisco, Fractal to name a few).
You will work with the Head of Analytics & Insights (A&I) in your business, who is based in Sydney. Working in the IT team in P&G, you will be part of a winning team that is both business leaders and technical experts in leading multi-billion-dollar projects across the region and globe. We do this through state of the art and industry leading mobile, social, cloud, big-data analytics, Internet of Things
(IoT) capabilities or contemporary technologies.
How success looks like:
After 1st month
- Successful vertical start up with a good grasp on business problems and analytics skills
- Be creative and committed problem-solver using analytics skills, business acumen alongside leadership.
- Execute research and analytics, including data ETL, analysis, and insights generations.
After 1st quarter
- Collaborate actively and effectively with other functions partners and senior management to accomplish project objective
- Evaluate information captured from various sources, reconcile conflicts and help identifying the underlying business needs from the user request.
- Turn insights into actionable recommendation, presenting actionable recommendation and drive actions to business value creation.
- Provide ongoing consultancy to business partners.
- Provide analysis-related trainings to colleagues/other teams.
- Be the trusted advisor to the senior leadership to keep them abreast of current market & competitive dynamics and enabling their ongoing understanding of our ability to deliver our business goals, and how we should allocate our investments across our GM’s portfolio (markets & brands) of business to deliver the greatest returns
- Lead analytical initiatives within APAC and be accountable for delivering intended business value.
- Lead creation and execution of analytic action plans that addresses top priority business challenges and create valuable insights.
- Develop in-depth business, domain, analytical and systems knowledge for building relevant solutions and services
- Consult and coach business teams on appropriate uses of data, analytical solutions and tools.
- Work in multi-functional teams to evaluate business activities.
- Work with a diverse group of people within the P&G organization and Global Analyst community as well as with external business partners.
- Have Undergraduate or Masters Degree level qualifications. Preferred (but not a requirement) disciplines include; Operations Research, Economics/Mathematics, Business Studies/MBA, Engineering.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and active in extra-curricular activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to influence others to take action
- Superb communicator with the ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Comfortable with working with ambiguous business scenarios and possesses strong thinking/problem-solving skills which can be applied to business processes with a "can-do" attitude
- Demonstrable ability to handle multiple priorities
- Business background/interest and technical/analytical skills are preferred
- Related full-time or internship experience with FMCG industry, or business analysis is a plus.
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: