BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Are you ready to gain new skills to help run and maintain the latest production technology and equipment for the world’s biggest brands? We’re looking for Plant Technicians who know how to take charge of business-related challenges and keep us running smoothly.
Working behind the scenes in our manufacturing plants, Plant Technicians are vital to the success of our business at P&G. As a technician, you will be responsible for performing all activities related to the production of a variety of dry and liquid chemical products, including operation, maintenance, improvement and housekeeping/appearance. Equipment used includes but not limited to: pumps, valves, pneumatics, hydraulics, tanks and piping, drive systems, heat exchangers, filters, air make-up units, scrubbers, pulverizer, power distribution/motors, steam traps, electric heat tracing, Honeywell TDC controls, air compressors/dryers and dust collectors.
We hire you at entry level and you advance by demonstrating growing levels of operating, maintenance and leadership skills. We also provide you with the opportunity to expand into electrical, quality assurance, safety, process mastery, and other areas of expertise.
Meaningful work on Day 1
We do various types of work, including running chemical reactors, troubleshooting process and equipment problems, controlling the process from a computer terminal, and performing preventive maintenance on equipment. From the beginning, you will be getting involved, impacting situations and influencing business-related problems.
We offer you:
- Ownership of your work from your first day
- Maintain world-renowned production technologies in some interesting ways
- The chance to influence the production and quality of our products
- Mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
- Known for providing a safe work environment
We have no doubt these skills will help you on the job?
- Able to display skills in manufacturing processes, including operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment
- Maintaining accurate records and data
- Work independently
- Display strong mathematical, technical, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong communication, initiative, leadership, teamwork skills and abilities
- Operating essential material handling equipment at the site e.g., clamp truck, forklift, hand trucks, articulating lifts, and scissor lifts; read and follow precise, detailed process instructions; interact with a distributed Honeywell Control System; and identify process variances as the chemical products are produced.
- Technically observe all departmental and North Chicago Plant (NCP) safety, quality, and environmental regulations at all times in a manner so as to avoid endangering self, coworkers, NCP equipment, property, surrounding community, and the environment
- User knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Able to tolerate safe, daily exposure levels to raw chemical materials, production batches, and finished products present in the plant.
- Knowledge and understanding of plant manufacturing procedures, chemistry terminology, and equipment operations.
Technician Responsibilities include:
- Following and using process directions, operational control strategies and Current Best Approaches (CBA's)
- Executing preventive and predictive maintenance procedures
- Troubleshooting process and equipment problems
- Maintaining and improving site safety
- Providing leadership and ownership for a safety or quality system
- Being responsible for a zone ownership area by operating, maintaining, and improving the zone to deliver performance targets
- Developing and executing a personal action plan
- Participating in business improvement/loss elimination projects
- Functioning as a team member in a lean manufacturing/Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) environment
We believe in order to be able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physical requirements:
- Use basic hand and power tools
- Lift 50 pounds by pulling, bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend
- Enter confined spaces
- Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time.
- Work at heights and wear appropriate fall equipment.
- Use basic hand and power tools such as wrenches, screw drivers, pliers, hammers, drills, grinders, etc.
- Able to work in acute temperatures both hot and cold in processing areas and outside
The North Chicago Procter & Gamble Plant operates 7-days per week. We rely on local talent and relocation is generally not paid. Technicians work any day of the week, including weekends. Work on weekends may be as overtime or as part of the Technician's normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. The hours are on a rotating 12 hour shift schedule including weekends, and must be available for overtime as required. Generally, the rotation occurs every 6 weeks across 1st shift, 2nd shift, and 3rd shift. Technicians are expected to be willing to rotate and to work any shift. Additional days could be required to be worked as overtime.
Are you ready to join this renowned team?
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if, you:
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Meet the requirements of a safe operation and personal safety using required personal protective equipment, and safe practices. Able to wear and be properly fitted with all required safety protection attire, including but not limited to respiratory protection, safety glasses, hard hats, and safety shoes/boots
- Will need to be clean-shaven when required to wear a tight-fitting respirator and will need to pass medical qualification required for wearing a tight-fitting respirator
- Willing to work rotating shifts
Just so you know:
- One to three years of work experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- We generally do not pay for Relocation.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: