Begin a meaningful career right here
Manufacturing - Plant Technician
Technicians do various types of work, including running high-speed converting and packing equipment, controlling the process from a computer terminal, and performing preventive maintenance on equipment. Technicians are expected to get involved, take charge of situations and confront business-related problems and maintain a functional ownership area.
To learn more about this career path, click here.
In order to perform the work described above in our manufacturing atmosphere, plant technicians use basic hand and power tools; lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend; enter confined spaces; and stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time. Further, technicians have and are able to display skills in manufacturing processes, including operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment; maintaining accurate records and data; strong technical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills; and knowledge of computers. Additionally, the safety of Technicians is of great importance to Procter & Gamble. Technicians will be required to wear appropriate safety equipment, including, but not limited to, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear protection, eye protection, and additional outwear and/or a personal respirator depending on the location and task.
The Phoenix Plant operates 7 days a week. Technicians work any day of the week including schedule adjustments to weekends as needed, but normally with advance notice. Work on weekends may be overtime or as part of the normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shift or the rotation schedule. The hours vary from 8 to 12 hours per day depending on the area and the business need. Shift rotations vary from working a single straight shift to working two or three rotating shifts. Technicians must be willing to rotate and work any shift. Additional days could be required to be worked as overtime.
Candidates must be able to provide their own transportation to and from the Phoenix Plant where all testing and interviewing will be held.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Currently reside in the Greater Phoenix area, or be willing to relocate without any financial assistance from P&G.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and qualify on equipment operation.
- Demonstrated safe work performance.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance.
- Good communication skills and able to provide feedback to team members and leadership.
- An understanding of technical diagnosis tools/skills, to include autonomous and preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrated problem-solving capability, to identify root cause and recommend countermeasures to prevent recurrence.
- A commitment to the idea that "everything has it's place," and organization is a key factor in a smooth operation.
- Demonstrated loss elimination in his/her current business.
- Solid Excel and database skills to record key safety, quality, and production data.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law. Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: