Begin a meaningful career right here
Power Control & Information Systems Engineer
Are you passionate about the engineering behind products? Do you want to develop innovations for the world's biggest brands? Then a technical career at P&G could be what you're looking for!
What to Expect:
This is a very unique opportunity to join the Gillette Shave Care business within the UK Process and Engineering team.
You will be responsible for working the interface between R&D and manufacturing. Working on the design & specification of machine controls systems for our own in house manufactured machines and specifying controls requirements for vendor built machines that make Gillette razors globally. Gillette razors are made of high precision component parts and our systems run at high speed with very tight tolerance
Daily work includes:
- Working with across different teams to deliver multi component product launches and effectively collaborating with internal peers and suppliers to define the best solution for the business on all success criteria.
- Generating detailed functional specifications which includes technology search, decision matrix assessment and making recommendations on the best value option.
- Managing both technical and physical scope of controls equipment during the complete design, manufacture, debug and implementation and commissioning phases both at vendors and receiving sites globally with potential extensive travel.
- Effectively managing project communications with all levels of our internal organisation and externally with global suppliers and manufacturing sites/customers.
- Participating in and leading detailed peer and customer design reviews ensuring that proposed solutions meet internal and external technical standards.
- Developing and following project plans including detailed target setting and timeline generation
What we Offer:
- Responsibilities from Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your work from the beginning working with some of the world’s biggest and best loved brands
- Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. This includes pension, life assurance, health insurance, flexible working, a stock ownership scheme and other social benefits. Regular salary revisions and possible promotions - all in line with your results, performance and potential. To find more information about our benefits package take a look here: https://www.pgcareers.com/benefits
Requirements (skills / experiences) for the role:
- Engineering or technical degree alternative (Msc/Bsc)
- Proven track record of developing and setting machine control standards for machinery.
- Ability to develop controls design from concept to deployment covering all aspects from power controls and information systems involvement including hardware and software design, machine commissioning and install.
- Be prepared to build controls capability internally and externally through training and working with plant and vendor technicians/engineers.
- Good understanding of the European and international standards applicable to machine controls.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and to use data, judgment and technical knowledge to identify issues/risks and develop plans to evaluate options, recommend solutions and make decisions.
- Willingness to travel globally for periods of up to 3 weeks at a time.
Good to Know
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company;
Our people are all unique: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?
P&G ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request an accommodation by clicking ‘application help’ at the top right-hand corner of the career website.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: