Begin a meaningful career right here
Research & Development Internship 2020 in Design/Animation/Engineering and Creative Technologies
Are you currently studying Product Design, Engineering, Animation, Data Science or any other creative technology degree? Would you like to use your academic background and creative skills to enable product designs that your consumer will love? Do you want to make an impact on products that affect consumers around the world? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you. What you can expect Our internship programme runs for up to 12 months (normally 1 year), typically starting in July 2020, however we will also consider candidates available for shorter periods. The UK focus for Engineering, Product Design, Animation and Data Science is at our Gillette R&D centre in Reading, although all three UK Innovation Centres participate, as well as our Innovation Centres in Belgium and Germany. What does it take to come up with some of the world’s most well-known brands? Well, a whole lot of science, to start. We are talking big innovations, small bets, ground breaking technology, state-of-the-art labs, micro-scale plants and a team full of inventors to make this happen. During your internship you will be entrusted to work on real projects on some of our most loved brands.
• Use state of the art digital animation and app design to communicate new product benefits to consumers via online platforms to meet customer and business requirements.
• Assess and understand consumer, technology, market, online, competitive and IP landscape to lead the technical research and design of new product forms for developing markets.
• Apply engineering principles while developing functional razor prototypes using advanced 3D printing facilities to iteratively test with consumers to answer significant technical problems.
• Leverage machine learning to solve challenging R&D problems in the development of new smart products and personalised consumer experiences.
• Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your projects from the beginning, you will be able to have an impact on the business from the beginning, working on projects given by the European team including senior leadership
• Technical focus – you will have the opportunity to put your technical skills to work on intellectually challenging problems working with our advanced technologies
• Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager, enabling you to grow in a multifunctional, diverse environment and developing your talents and ideas.
• Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
• Compensation & Benefits: you will receive a competitive internship salary as well as other benefits whilst you are with us
• Job Recommendation: successful interns will be recommended for hire for a full time role with P&G upon graduation
We believe you will be an excellent fit, if you:
• Are a student studying Product Design, Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Design), Animation, Data Science or any other ‘Creative Technology’ discipline
• Are in your penultimate or final year of your degree (Bachelors or Masters)
• Have Academic excellence at all stages throughout school and University education with a passion for research and innovation
• Possess technical curiosity, creativity, innovation, initiative, communication, leadership and your collaboration skills. Note that in R&D we are looking for creative digital skills, but we cannot offer typical ‘IT type’ internships. If your passion is around an IT role please check the Information Technology vacancies.
Good to Know: Application Deadline: 31st March 2020
We’re consistently recognised as one of the UK’s leading graduate employers listed in Times Top 100 Graduate Employers; The Best Places to Work – Glassdoor; Guardian UK 300; Job Crowd – Best Places for Graduates to Work and Universum’s Most Attractive Employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people are all equally talented in unrivalled ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: