Begin a meaningful career right here
Warehouse Distribution Technician - Manufacturing
Are you ready to gain new skills to help run and maintain the latest production technology and equipment for the world’s biggest brands? We’re looking for teammates who know how to take charge of business-related challenges and keep us running smoothly.
Working behind the scenes in our manufacturing plants, Plant Technicians are vital to the success of our business at P&G. As a technician, you will work on a team that is responsible for keeping production flowing, meeting performance goals and maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from our products.
We hire you at entry level and you advance by demonstrating growing levels of operating, maintenance and leadership skills. We also provide you with the opportunity to expand into electrical, quality assurance, safety, and other areas of expertise.
Meaningful work on Day 1
You will have responsibility from day 1 - You will work in a team and are responsible for keeping the operation flowing, for meeting performance goals and for maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from our products. You will do various types of work, including operating equipment, automated vehicle recovery & restart, work flow management, controlling the process from a computer terminal, performing preventive maintenance on equipment, building operating standards to enable the proper validation of equipment specifications, and building training materials. Technicians are assigned to different departments, and each department builds the capability in their technicians to accomplish the business needs and limited travel may be required to enable such plans. You will get involved, take charge of situations and confront business-related problems.
We offer you:
- Ownership of your work from your first day
- Maintain world-renowned production technologies in some interesting ways
- The chance to influence the production and quality of our products
- Mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
- Known for providing a safe work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits program (private life & medical insurance for employees and dependents, PG stock, saving plans)
We have no doubt these skills will help you on the job
- Able to display skills in manufacturing processes, including operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment
- Maintaining accurate records and data
- Display strong technical, interpersonal, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Operating essential material handling equipment at the site e.g., clamp truck, forklift, hand trucks, etc.
- Working computer knowledge.
We believe in order to be able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physical requirements:
- Use basic hand and power tools
- Lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend
- Enter confined spaces
- Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time.
The Shippensburg, PA Procter & Gamble Plant operates 7-days per week. We rely on local talent and relocation is generally not paid. Technicians work any day of the week, including weekends. Work on weekends may be as overtime or as part of the Technician's normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. The hours of work vary from 8 to 12 hours per day. Shift rotations vary from working a single straight shift to working two or three rotating shifts. As a Technician, you are expected to be willing to rotate and to work any shift. Additional days can be required to be worked as overtime.
Are you ready to join this renowned team?
WE BELIEVE YOU WILL BE AN EXCELLENT FIT HERE IF, YOU:
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Wear required safety personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, safety shoes)
- Are willing to work rotating shifts
- Are willing to travel up to 25% of work days in the first year of employment for company-paid training and on-boarding
- Relocation is generally not paid
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: