Begin a meaningful career right here
Data Hub Manager, SK-II
Come be a member of the team with the dedication to innovate and drive step changes by leveraging data for the future of SK-II business.
We seek for technical masters who is responsible for analysing the business requirement and executing the process to collect and leverage on data. You are an effective technologist, self-motivated with the ability to source/develop data models to improve and fuel analytics.
Data engineering is an acceleration factor behind the productivity and effectiveness of data science. Technical mastery and interpersonal / communication skills are therefore a requirement to thrive in a team. Your job is to onboard complex data, optimize data models, code into scale pipes and run the platforms and solutions to drive analytics into insights.
You will work closely with the head of IT, SK-II who is based in Singapore. Working in the SK-II IT team in P&G, you are part of a winning team that is both business leaders and technical experts in leading multi-billion-dollar projects across the region and globe. You will do this through state of the art and industry leading cloud, big-data analytics, security or contemporary technologies and capabilities. You will also have various connection with SK-II multi-function team and external partners across countries.
How success looks like
- Having a good grasp on existing data hub platform and analytic solution technology landscape at both conceptual and operation level
- Identify the opportunities of data hub operation system and data management process and suggest the solution for improvement
- Identify the unmet need, build positive relationships from local business users and communicate to global SK-II team
- Align on the action plan to improve the solution and process
- Build the capability of users and external partners
Responsibilities of the role
- Perform data discoveries to understand data formats, source systems and file sizes
- Drive data transformations to improve and optimize data retrieval process and performance, create workflows for loading data on a scheduled basis
- Practitioner of advanced data modelling and optimization of data and analytics solutions at scale
- Improve the SK-II more scalable and extensible big data platform which enables more efficient process of collection, storage, modelling and analysis of massive data sets from numerous channels with P&G internal expert
- Lead user access to analytic solutions and embrace or implement required analytic software such as spark and Scala with technical partner based on the understanding of business requirements.
- Design and integrate necessary integration of SK-II Data hub and other related solutions
- Manage and improve SK-II data hub platform and solution management focus on automation and operation excellence.
- Provide necessary training for users and external partners
- Building positive relationships with relevant stakeholders for the interventions for future
- We are looking for leaders who have graduated with a BS or MS in business/management information systems and/or computer science/engineering, programming /software development or related disciplines
- Technical skills and exposures in big data technologies such as : SQL, Linux, Sheel Scripting, Azure HDInsights/Databrics or AWS and/or GCP frameworks
- Understanding of Data requirement, source files, data mining, logical and physical Data modelling, big data storage architecture, data modelling methodologies, meta data management, master data management, data lineage & data profiling and data provisioning and proactive on-going management (acquisition, transformation, and sharing)
- Demonstrated skills or are familiar with Big data technologies (Spark/hive) and NoSQL databases
- Experiences of big data development experience utilising Hadoop/spark, developing REST API’s, and development of system and scripting (Pig, Python, Perl, R or SQL etc)
- Experiences of translates analytics problems into data requirement
- An interest and preferably working experience in agile development methodologies
- Fluency in English. Chinese is desired but not essential.
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: