Highlights of the path that led us to where we are today include:
- 1947: an importer brought the legendary detergent brand ACE to Venezuela for the first time, which continues to be a category leader to this day
- 1948: an International Division was created to control the increasing demand for our products worldwide; operations began in Mexico, which became the first Latin American subsidiary
- 1950: our vision of bringing our innovative products to all the people in the continent resulted in the opening of offices in Venezuela, stepping in South America for the first time
- 1952: the first operations plant in Venezuela opened
- 1957: P&G Venezuela created a new department: Product Research and Development, with the objective of studying consumer habits, and their preferences to develop new alternatives to cover their needs
- 1969: launched Ariel detergent and continued growth over the years
- 1981: a new, modern plant opened in Barquisimeto due to the continuous growth and demand of detergent, along with P&G´s values of innovation, technology, and environmental care, which allows for the introduction of new products, as well as a water treatment plant
Today, we continue with high-quality production in two plants and the Caracas Technical Center, managing the Research and Development for the LA region, and adapting and creating the best products for our consumers.
Besides committing to our success in the market, P&G Venezuela was an early-adopter of social solidarity projects, especially in education and health. We're proud that our employees and organization contribute greatly to social initiatives that improve and create a positive impact on families and children in need all over the country.