BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Powerhouse- Control Room Operator
Are you ready to gain new skills to help run and maintain the latest production technology and equipment for the world’s biggest brands? We’re looking for a licensed Second Class Engineer Control Room Operators to work in our power generation facility.
Working behind the scenes in our manufacturing plants, Control Room Operators (CRO) are vital to the success of our business at P&G. As a CRO, you will work as owners and leaders of the shift and equipment, helping to keep our manufacturing center running.
As a CRO, you will do various types of work, operating and maintaining power generation equipment, including: 7.2 MW co-generation combined cycle, steam turbines, boilers, chillers, compressed air, vacuum and process water systems. These systems are critical to the manufacturing process.
We offer you:
- Ownership of your work from your first day
- Maintain world-renowned production technologies in some interesting ways
- The chance to influence the production and quality of our products
- Mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
- Known for providing a safe work environment
- Possess a current Commonwealth of Massachusetts 2nd Class Engineering License, at minimum. License requirements must be maintained
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in operations and/or maintenance of major power plant equipment
- Demonstrate a good understanding of and experience in compressed air systems, chillers, turbines, boilers, RO, sea water/process water/waste water systems
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Are willing to work any shift assigned
- Are willing to wear required safety personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, safety shoes)
We believe in order to be able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physical requirements:
- Use basic hand and power tools
- Lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend
- Enter confined spaces
- Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time.
The Boston Procter & Gamble Plant operates 7-days per week. We rely on local talent and relocation is generally not paid. Technicians work any day of the week, including weekends. Work on weekends may be as overtime or as part of the Technician's normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. The hours of work vary from 8 to 12 hours per day. Shift rotations vary from working a single straight shift to working two or three rotating shifts. Technicians are expected to be willing to rotate and to work any shift. Additional days could be required to be worked as overtime.
Just so you know:
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position, except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Applicants for U.S. based positions are eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. We do not sponsor for permanent residency. Any exceptions are based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: