BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Purchasing Manager (Japan Market)
Procter & Gamble Purchases is part of the Supply Chain function and has the unique responsibility for developing and executing the sourcing strategies for the Company's multi-billion-dollar goods and services needed to produce world class consumer products. As a Purchases professional, your goal is to link the most appropriate supplier capabilities with our business needs and contribute to delivering the best shareholder return. Your everyday work will consist of technical, analytical, and commercial skills to source for P&G in Asia-Pacific. The demand for Purchases expertise has never been higher, and the excitement and opportunities at Procter & Gamble are boundless!
This role reports to the Senior Purchasing Manager and will be part of the Purchasing team supporting the Japan Market.
What Success Looks Like
Purchases people are P&G's lifeline to the world of suppliers, translating the needs of our business in a way that enables, encourages, and invites our supply base to partner with us in providing products and services of superior quality and value that improve the lives of our consumers. Key deliverables of this role include total value creation including cost savings, cash improvement, and strong controls environment.
- Sourcing materials by building expertise in external industries, sourcing skills, and internal categories
- Being accountable for delivery of supply assurance, value creation, and compliance to policies
- Leading and managing key internal and external relationships
- Developing and executing global and/or regional sourcing strategies
- Developing strategic choices & interventions to deliver value to the business
- Influencing shifts in external industries to drive competitive advantage for P&G
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree with background/skills in Supply Chain, Logistics
- Proficiency in Japanese language is a MUST
- 0-4 years of purchasing experience in large FMCG companies; entry level candidates with a university degree in the relevant field can be considered
- Prior experience in packaging sourcing will be a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and be able to regularly engage in discussions within P&G and our suppliers
- Strong leadership skills to drive supplier negotiations, lead external discussions
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret insights from data
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills across geographies
- Ability to use external connections and regional/global networks to find opportunities that drive innovation/cost savings
- Deep understanding of stewardship, governance, and compliance
- Knowledge of SAP is an advantage
- Digital & Data savviness is an advantage
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: